Wednesday 16 November 2011

Momma Bear

Mom
  
I truely am a Momma's boy. Throughout my whole life I shared an incredible relationship with my Mom and will never forget the million memories she imprinted upon me. Right from the begining, Mom made me priority number one. She sacrificed sleep, work, friendship, her looks, and even her sanity at times all for my benifit. She taught me everything I know and I am eternally grateful.

   My "Momma Bear" passed away this last March, and I still find it impossible to believe. I still come home everyday expecting her to be waiting there, ready to ask all about my day and talk my ear off. She was my best friend and the best listener/therapist I've ever come across. There were days we both dragged our butts because we were up the night before helping eachother work through our respective problems and accidently lost track of the time. To tell you the truth, we never lost track of the time. We didn't care what time it was! Nothing was more important in those moments than being there for eachother and listening for as long as it took to feel right again. This is what I miss the most... I would give absolutely anything to be able to talk to her again; just for one more day, hour, or even minute. I've never been able to share or open up to someone like I could with her. But I guess that makes sense. You only ever have one Mother.

   I know she is still watching over me and is always there to listen. Whenever anything happens, she is always the first person I think about telling. Like I said, it still doesn't feel real. It just feels like she's been away from home for a few months and we just keep missing eachothers calls. My house has become painfully quiet. Prior to her passing, it was just the two of us living together for the past 5 years. It's strange coming home to no one. I didn't have the slightest clue of what she did for me on a daily basis. I wish she left a manual or "how to" guide before she passed. But that would have been impossible due to the shear magnitude of what she did. She spent the last 23 years of her life caring for me and moulding me into who I am today. All I can do now is hold my head high and smile like she taught me. Everything I do from now on is in honour of the most amazing Mom anyone could have ever known. I was the luckiest son to have her for as long as I did. And I will make her proud everyday until we meet again. I love you Mom.


Please feel free to comment below or post your own story by emailing me at TheMommasBoy@hotmail.ca. I think everyone needs to express their love and share thier favorite memories. Whether your Mom has passed or is still alive, you should pay tribute to her in any way that you can. Thanks for lending an ear.

1 comment:

http://themommasboy.blogspot.com/